Minister says Croatian tourism sector ready for 2011
Croatia is entering 2011 ready in terms of tourism and will invest about EUR 30 million, nearly the same amount as this year, in strong promotion and joint advertising of public and private tourism sectors in a bid in order to achieve the best possible results, Tourism Minister Damir Bajs said to the members of the press on Monday.
The news conference was held at the ministry after the Minister’s meeting with National Tourism Board head Niko Bulic and representatives of Croatian travel agencies.
Bajs said domestic and foreign travel agencies and tour operators had been the foundation of Croatian tourism over the past two years and would remain so in 2011, adding that the good cooperation with them was based on models of joint advertising.
Twelve such models are envisaged for 2011, under which the public and private tourism sectors each invest 50 per cent of the money. A recently closed tender showed that interest in joint advertising among foreign tour operators, for example, is higher than last year.
After considering nearly 400 applications for such models, Bajs expects the majority of the contracts, worth close to HRK 150 million, 10 million more than last year, to be signed by January 15 and to bring 2.6 million foreign tourists next year.
Bajs said that according to all global predictions, 2011 could be even harder on European tourism than 2010, but that Croatia, thanks to timely preparations, expected to retain its share. (Hina)