English





Minister reiterates his satisfaction with course of high season

DUBROVNIK, 21.8.2009.
Croatian Tourism Minister Damir Bajs said in Dubrovnik on Friday that despite gloomy predictions of a two-digit downturn, the number of arrivals and overnight stays in the first seven months of this year was five percent and three percent down respectively compared to the same period of last year.



Bajs did not hide his satisfaction with the fact that those figures evidenced Croatia's better performance in tourist trade in relation to other Mediterranean countries.

The ministry's action plan and intensified promotion of the national tourist trade have contributed to the successful course of the high season, said Bajs and other participants in a meeting of the ministry's task force coordinating activities in this year's tourist season.

The meeting was held on the airport of Dubrovnik where the task force discussed measures how to boost air traffic during the tourist season. (Hina)
  Print